Unfortunately, it was hard to find a way to easily open GWT's sample projects in Eclipse, but after a little trial and error, here is what I came up with. For each sample project you want to use, do the following:
- Create a new Java project with the name of the sample project you want to use, for example, "Hello". Use all the other default settings, and press "Finish".
- Right-click on the project and choose "Import". Choose "General" -> "File System", then press "Next".
- Browse to the directory of the sample project you want to import. On my computer, the project was found at something like: C:\Program Files\eclipse\plugins\com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle...\gwt-2.0.4\samples. Select all, then press "Finish".
- Right-click on the project and choose "Google" -> "Web Toolkit Settings". Check the "Use Google Web Toolkit" check box.
- Go the the "Java Build Path" section of the project's properties. Change the default output folder to something like: "/Hello/war/WEB-INF/classes" (This will be different depending on your project name).
That's all! Good luck and have fun trying out GWT's samples.